Rubel Bikemaps Regional Maps
sample of map
*NOTE* Western and Central maps (and hence the map sets) are currently
unavailable. We hope to have them back soon but have no estimated date yet.
General and recreation features include:
- Detailed regional road network including street names;
- Ice Cream Shop locations and guide;
- Bed & Breakfast locations and guide including
features and price range;
- Parks, forests, and reservations locations and guide;
- Many other parks and picnic areas;
- Swimming spots (both fresh- and salt-water) locations and guide;
- Points of interest;
- Visitor information centers;
- Commuter rail lines and stations.
Bicycle-specific features include:
- Recommended roads for cycling highlighted;
- Hill arrows point uphill; thicker arrows indicate longer or steeper hills;
- Mountain-biking trailheads, unpaved roads & trails;
- Guide to mountain-biking areas with difficulty rating, brief description,
trailhead locations, and contact phone number;
- Bicycle paths and rail-trails;
- Bicycle Shops locations and guide;
- Information about bicycle safety, clubs, books, intermodal travel, etc.
The map scale
of 2 miles to the inch permits showing all those "connecting roads" that
go through and are often desirable for cycling. The maps show far more
detail than typical "state" maps
and cover much more area than city maps. We work hard to try to make the
best regional maps available.
The following is a sample from one of the regional maps. Please note that
the printed map is dramatically crisper and clearer than the image we
can post on the web.
Last update: 2011 Jun 17